Ron Paul, the Presidential Candidate for President who has been surging in many recent polls in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Nevada, and nationally has recently been under the microscope because of a few issues. Ron Paul a Candidate that we have been told a million times “could never win” or “is un-electable” is starting to look like he will do the impossible, and because of this the mainstream media and the Republican establishment are running scared. So in an attempt to turn the Americans in to horses with blinders, they are throwing everything they can at you claiming Ron Paul is a racist, an Isolationist, and would let America fall to it’s knees by cutting spending and bringing our troops home. But Ron Paul, the only Politician to accurately predict our housing bubble won’t do any of the above.
Ron Paul a Republican with some Libertarian leaning views is the farthest you could be from a racist. In fact a ton of his views that have remained unchanged for over 30 years represent the fact that everyone is equal, has civil liberties and freedoms all protected by the Constitution. This entire media smear on Ron Paul because of these racist newsletters is nothing but a pathetic attempt at knocking Paul down in Iowa. If you never heard of Ron Paul(which I would find very hard to be true) you would think that these newsletter were breaking news, fresh off the press, but that’s not true. In fact the news of racist newsletters being published under Paul’s name actually have come up many times before, once in 1996 during his congressional district race where the democrats tried to knock him down and failed miserably, and a second time in 2008 during Ron Paul’s Presidential Candidacy in an attempt to preemptively knock down Paul’s support. So why would it be brought up a third time over and over and over again when the media has already got an answer in a video from 1996, and again in 2008 in multiple interviews on FOX/CNN. The answer is simple, they are afraid that Ron Paul is actually going to win Iowa, giving him enough of a boost to win NH, going on to do well in many other states leading to a brokerd convention and a Republican Nomination of Ron Paul. The only mistake I think Ron Paul has made regarding these newsletters is not sitting down and reviewing every single publication that went out in his name, something Ron has admitted to. I could go on and on in defense about how Ron didn’t write these letters but the information is already out there, it’s already been said, so I am done discussion this and the media should be to. If you would like more clarification please read Tom Woods previous blog entry on the newsletters.
Moving on to the second smear the media tries to paint is that Ron Paul is an Isolationist. This yet again, as been brought up time and time again. Ron Paul has explained his foreign policy views on national television at multiple Presidential debates where Paul makes it a point that he is not an Isolationist. Paul’s non-Interventionist foreign policy, something many people confuse with Isolationist foreign policy are in fact two very different views. A limited Government something Ron Paul and other Candidates claim to believe in can’t work if you have a big government abroad. When it comes to war, Paul is on the side of the Constitution that says all wars must be declared by Congress, none of which has happened with our current military action around the globe. Paul has said that declared wars should be fought and won, immediately bringing the troops home after a victory. Thomas Jefferson said ”peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.” during his inaugural address to avoid war, was he wrong just like they claim Paul is today? Ron Paul wants to shrink the size of government abroad and build a stronger national defense back home in America, to trade freely with countries, remove trade sanctions, and push the use of diplomacy to solve worldwide problems. It is not a new idea but one our Founding Fathers and previous Presidents have won election with.
When it comes to cutting spending Ron Paul is the only candidate that has put out a plan to cut spending, not just spending increases. Recently Ron released his “Plan to Restore America” which outlines how 1 trillion dollars can be cut year 1 and how to balance the budget by year 3 of his Presidency.
- Eliminating 5 cabinet departments(Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior, and Education)
- Privatize the TSA and return responsibility of security to America’s property owners
- Stop foreign aid and endless wars
- Return government spending to 2006 levels
- Honor America’s promise to it’s Seniors and Veterans while allowing young people to opt-out
- Block grants for Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow states to better deal with their individual problems without harming those relying on these programs
Cut Government Waste:
- 10% reduction in the federal workforce by slashing congressional pay, perks, and air travel
- To Stand with the American People cut the Presidents salary to $39,336(the average median income of Americans)
- Lower the corporate tax rate to 15%
- Allow American companies to repatriate capital without additional taxation, spurring trillions in new investment
- Extend Bush tax cuts
- Abolish the Death tax
- End taxes on personal savings
- Repeal ObamaCare, Dodd-Frank, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Mandate thorough congressional review of any future regulations issued by bureaucrats
- Cancel all onerous regulations previously issued by Executive Order
- Audit the Federal Reserve
- Implement competing currencies to strengthen the dollar and minimize inflation
The only cuts to the Department of Defense will be cut from “War Spending”(which makes up over 15% of the budget). These cuts will only better our national security by removing troops in areas of the world where we are not welcome, and bringing them back to protect our boarders to better secure our Homeland. As for abolishing the TSA, privatizing our security will better our security not only by putting responsibility back on American property owners, but also by creating competition and overall better security. Ron Paul doesn’t just talk about balancing the budget but has a full plan to achieve success. No other candidate, including our incumbent Democrat Barrack Obama has come up with a real plan that would balance the budget in one term.
So before you listen to the current media smear of Ron Paul’s Campaign, think for yourself and worry about issues that actually matter. The fact that the mainstream media and the Republican establishment is trying so hard to bury Ron Paul should convince you which candidate is serious about change, serious about cuts, serious about winning. The last thing our government wants is someone who will walk in as President and start giving America it’s rights back by reducing the governments role in your life. Now I will leave you with a few things the media hasn’t done much reporting on, a few things about Ron Paul that actually might make you actually like him, and maybe actually vote for him! In the coming weeks I hope America makes the right decision because we won’t ever get another Ron Paul, a politician and leader other countries would give everything to have, a true Revolution to take back and Restore America Now!
- Paul ran a successful medical practice delivering over 4,000 babies and didn’t charge those without insurance
- Served in our nations Air Force & National Guard as a flight surgeon during the 1960′s
- Elected and served in the House of Representatives for 12 terms
- Is the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy, Served on the House Banking committee, where he is a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve
- Has been married for over 50+ years, has five children and eighteen grandchildren
- Has the most consistent voting record of more than 30+ years
- Dose not participate in the congressional pension system and repeatedly returns a portion of his Congressional office’s unused budget to the Treasury with intent to help pay down our nations dept($100,000 this year, over $90,000 last year)
- Faithful Christian who is an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values
- Dr. Paul is the author of several books, including The Revolution: A Manifesto, End the Fed, Liberty Defined, Challenge to Liberty; The Case for Gold; and A Republic, If You Can Keep It
- Never voted for legislation unless the proposed measure was expressly authorized by the Constitution
It is up to you America! If you want to learn more about Ron Paul check out some of these sites below:
www.ronpaul2012.com - Official Campaign website of Ron Paul
www.ronpaulflix.com – Grassroots run video archive of Ron Paul’s Campaign
www.ronpaulforums.com – Grassroots run forum community driven to elect Ron Paul
www.revolutionPAC.com - Super PAC dedicated to electing Ron Paul